UNCONGUNCONG is a composition reservoir simulator that tackles the difficulties in the simulation of shale oil, shale gas, and CBM reservoirs. It is built to model fractured reservoirs, with state-of-art methods integrated to calculate multi-phase flows in fracture networks.
Embedded Discrete Fracture Method
- Probably the most user-friendly implementation of EDFM so far.
- Append fracture coordinates and properties to the original data file. The rest of the data file remains unchanged.
- All types of connections are automatically detected.
- Compatible with MINC, MPFA and LGR.
Generalized Prism Grid (GPG)
- GPG is a pillar based unstructured grid, with data format quite similar to CPG grid.
- GPG allows faults, horizontal wells, fractures and irregular boundaries.
- The equivalent well drainage radius is automatically calculated by UNCONG.
- The GPG mesh generation algorithm of UNCONG is very fast.
Multi-segment Well Model
- Well tubes are discretized into 1-D segments.
- Both upward flow and reverse flow can be modeled.
- Gas slippage is modeled by drift-flux model.
- The well equations are implicitly coupled with the reservoir equations.
Coupled Fluid and Geo-mechanics
- Finite element geo-mechanic equation and finite difference reservoir flow equation are implicitly coupled.
- Mechanic boundary conditions could be fixed loading or fixed displacement.
- Compatible with corner point grid.
- Available in advanced version only.
Comprehensive Options for Porous Media Flow Models
- Surface tension effects.
- Forchheimer non-Darcy flow.
- Hysteresis effect.
- Non instant gas sorption/desorption model.
- Knudsen diffusion.
- Full tensor permeability.
- Multi-continuum (MINC) model.